Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
4 years of relevant work experience in Public Accounting or industry.
- Experience with U.S. GAAP accounting principles (Consolidation, Foreign Currency, Loss Contingency, Impairment Accounting) and associated SOX design framework.
CPA and/or MBA.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software. Experience with SAP ERP and SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
The Corporate Accounting team manages the global accounting for Alphabet’s Closing, Consolidation and US GAAP Reporting. As a member of this team, you'll find innovative ways to manage our reporting packages, focus on running highly effective and efficient processes and mitigate the risks through effective controls.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Perform month end close tasks related to consolidated reporting, flux analysis, and journal entry reviews.
- Be in charge of SOX controls support to accounting, consolidated reporting, and merge and acquisition accounting process for according to risk assessment and control frameworks. Escalate when risks are detected.
- Provide support to document accounting memos for material transactions under US GAAP accounting guidelines.
- Prepare and present financial information to different audiences, including finance leaders, business partners, auditors, and regional accountants.
- Work towards constant improvements of consolidated reporting close processes to drive higher quality standards.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.